"MORE HEINOUS IN THE SIGHT OF GOD, AND MORE DANGEROUS TO OURSELVES"
1. The more knowledge we have of good and evil, the greater is our sin
2. The greater profession we have made of religion, the greater hath been our sin
3. The more mercies we have received from God, the greater has been our sin.
4. The fairer warning we have had from the word of God, and our consciences, concerning our danger of sin, the greater is the sin if we go on in it.
5. The greater afflictions we have under for sin, the greater is the sin if we go on in it.
6. The more vows and promises we have made of better obedience, the greater has our sin been.
A Method For Prayer
cited in The Devoted Life
Eds: Kelly Kapic & Randall Gleason