Friday, September 17, 2010

When I'm 64



Wala akong maisip na pamagat para sa paskil na ito.
Eh naalala ko lang ang kantang ito:



In sports which require high levels of physical strength and skill, retirement comes early. If you are 40 and still active and productive, that's extraordinary. That's why the world was shocked when George Foreman regained the heavyweight championship belt at the age of 40.

Cagers who seemingly walked on air have come and gone. They were called by different monickers: Aerial Voyager (Vergel Meneses), Sky Walker (Samboy Lim), Air Jordan (do I have to name him?). I really miss Jojo Lastimosa's acrobatic shots which were common to him in his rookie year. They are all retired now ; and by the time they reach the age of 70, I doubt if they could jump three inches high.

As age advances, physical and mental productivity progressively declines. That's why there is a point called mandatory retirement in the workplace.

When it come to spiritual service, Psalm 92:14 offers hope for the aged saints.

They will still bear fruit in old age,
    they will stay fresh and green (NIV)


If the Lord will be pleased to grant me a long life, I would love to be an instrument in the Master's hand to strengthen the weak, to enlighten the confused, to humble the proud, and encourage the weary. But I can't wait till I'm 64. Lord use me NOW. Let me bear fruit NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment