Friday, May 29, 2020

My Own RZIM Story

Back in the day when internet was slow and costly, and reading materials were scarce, I used my surfing hours to search for Christian freebies offered on the web. Because my theology back then was awfully bad, most of my subscriptions were to the publications of awfully bad teachers of the "Prosperity Gospel"/"Word of Faith"/"Name-it-Claim-it"/"Blab-it-Grab-it"/"Positive Confession" movement. But sometimes by God's providence, I stumble upon some good materials. I don't know how in the world did I find Ravi Zacharias because I had no idea who he was.

The old issues of Just Thinking (RZIM's tri-annual communique) was printed on ordinary white paper with a simple layout. It was not flamboyant in appearance unlike the glossy pages of the false teachers' magazines. But it was definitely not lacking in substance. It featured not only essays by Ravi, but also by other RZIM writers like Michael Ramsden, Stuart McAllister, Danielle DuRant, Amy Orr-Ewing, Paul Chamberlain and Joe Boot. They introduced me to concepts too big for me then like "postmodernism" and "relativism". Well, they're still too big for me now but not as much as when I was younger. I would like to acknowledge Ravi's contribution to my spiritual development. I praise the Lord for the man and his ministry.


No comments:

Post a Comment